Gallery of Various Section
READER’S SERVICES– this is in-charge with the public relations and utilization of the services in the library. It has different sections and functions as follows:
- General Circulation- this serves as the center of library activity for most customers because this is the place where the customers make the first contact with a library. It contains textbooks, general circulation books & other references;
- General Reference- this contains primary reference sources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, yearbooks, handbooks, manuals, atlases, guidebooks, biographical resources, etc.;
- Reserve Books – this contains books for the different courses which are in great demand during the semester. It can limit access because books placed on reserve and their loan period is limited. The reserve services expand access by making books in demand always available when needed even for a short period;
- Filipiniana Section- this consists of books and other materials authored by Filipino and even foreigner that discusses with relations to the history, language, culture, values, and insights of the Filipino and the Philippines.
- Books and periodicals stack- the area of a library where the main body of the collection (books and periodicals) are stored when not in use;
- GAD Book Section– an area where books on gender and development placed;
- BSP Section- an area where the books and other resources donated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas are kept;
- Theses/Dissertations- this includes dissertation and thesis manuscripts of graduate and undergraduate students;
- Serials- this covers a wide range of materials such as newspapers, magazines, journals, pamphlets, leaflets, proceedings, etc.;
- Audio-Visual- this contains library facilities and resources such as television, karaoke, cassette tapes, DVD tapes, CD tapes, maps, posters, etc.;
- E-Resources- this contains information in a digitized format using research database portal, which may include: e-books, e-journals, e-reference, etc.;
- Circulation/Reference Services- this refers to borrowing and returning of books and other library materials. Also, this function assists and guides library customers in using the instructional and information resources in the library;
- Current Awareness Services – this service concerned on updating the library customers on the newly acquired books /other library materials and other programs of the library which are being disseminated through office communication, uploading in the website, facebook, posting in the bulletin board, submission of lists to various colleges and others;
- Inter-Library Loan Service- this service given to CBSUA students, faculty and staff who may want to use the resources of other institutions and libraries on a specified time. A CBSUA researcher provided with a referral letter issued by the University Librarian. Only bonafide students, faculty and staff can avail of this service.