The KMC provides the following services: (a) Scientific Literature Services; (b) Knowledge Base Management; (c) Publications and Advocacy; and (d) Research and Development.
- Scientific Literature Services (SLS)
The Scientific Literature Services (SLS) maintains ICT-based information and knowledge generated from researches conducted by the researchers of the University. It also serves as a repository of Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) and Information Communication Technology (ICT) materials both from internal and external sources. Specifically, it shall:
- Provide an avenue to effectively access information from printed and digital sources (online journals), which will run by using the existing OPAC system of the CBSUA Pili Main Library;
- Maintain the publications acquired from the researches of the faculty and students of the University; local and international organizations, acquired information from local and international organizations, important information-gathering tools for the researchers or links to selected web sites, and current collection of acquired printed and online journal and magazines;
- Manage a literature search service to access information and a computerized system of information retrieval efficiently; and
- Manage the databank of related literature like the Elsevier.
- Knowledge Base Management
The KMC’s Knowledge Base Management (KBM) provides an ICT-based information sharing system or knowledge base. Specifically, it shall:
- Develop and implement a computerized information systems and databases/knowledge bases for efficient information storage, processing and retrieval, and sharing and dissemination of information of research conducted by the University.
- Take charge of the information needs of the University, other SUCs and HEIs, Gas, NGOs, and POs.
- Serve as a responsive node, equipped with advanced computer facilities connected to efficient internet service and with the main library, and libraries of the other campuses.
- Develop, eventually, a hub with other academic institutions, specifically SUCs, Gas, NGOs, and other networks.
- Publications and Advocacy
The Publications and Advocacy produce multimedia (print, audio-visual, broadcast, digital, interpersonal) for greater appreciation and advocacy. These multimedia materials contain knowledge and technologies generated by the University. It also assists in research-extension interfacing activities such as technology dissemination, including packaging of mature technologies both in technical and popularized style, preparation of other multimedia materials, and other information dissemination activities. Specifically, it shall:
- Assist in the editing, production, and circulation of multimedia materials derived from matured researches through the Editorial Board Committee;
- Provide an online grammar and plagiarism checker service to researchers; and
- Disseminate information/knowledge through a variety of communication channels and modern communication technology.
- Research and Development
Knowledge is a vital resource in a research and development organization. Thus, the University Research and Innovation cluster through the KMC took advantage of deriving significant value by embracing knowledge management (KM) principles to promote the flow of both resident knowledge and external information. Specifically, it shall:
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of the knowledge assets and processes of the University in coordination with faculty-researchers;
- Assist researchers in the development of knowledge bases of their respective research projects; and
- Assist researchers and extensionists in the development of knowledge products and strategies for effective delivery of R&D