To be recognized as the pioneer institute and the center of expertise for Meliponiculture Technology in the Philippines
To conduct training, researches, extension and production activities for the promotion of the beekeeping industry in Bicol and in neighboring regions.
To enhance and ensure sustainable productivity and competitiveness of the beekeeping technology as a highly promising industry in Bicol.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE: To provide additional livelihood opportunities for the communities by addressing the technical, institutional and socio-economic concerns of the beekeeping industry.
- To generate, verify, package and disseminate appropriate apiculture technologies
- To establish and/or improve the quality control for honeybee products and by-products
- To establish appropriate marketing systems for honeybee products and by-products
- To organize beekeepers and enthusiasts into associations or cooperatives
- To develop and standardize protocols for the establishment and/or use of beekeeping facilities, supplies, tools and equipment
- To review, formulate and recommend sound policies for the upliftment of the beekeeping industry
- To promote efficient information, education and communication strategies for beekeeping
- To establish beekeeping communities and satellite institutions.